This stag illustrated above represents one of the statues found at the Lands End Lookout visitor center (new in 2012); they are cast-concrete replicas of the fanciful stone figures that graced the nearby gardens of Adolph Sutro in the late 1800s.
With your support in 2012, we:
- Opened a new visitor center at Lands End
- Built two overlooks above the Presidio bluffs
- Improved trails and amenities at the Golden Gate
- Connected thousands of young people with nature
- Marshaled tens of thousands of community volunteers to grow native plants, maintain trails, restore ecosystems, study raptors, and greet visitors
- Threw an unforgettable 75th birthday party for the Golden Gate Bridge—the national treasure in the heart of our national parks