Turning the Tide conference 2010
Prescriptions to Improve the Ocean’s Health - with Alex Bogusky
What will the loss of the ocean’s biodiversity cost us in the long term? What can we learn from what the ocean is telling us? Wildlife experts and conservationists link the health of our ocean’s species to our own survival.
Moderated by: John McCosker, Senior Scientist and Chair, Department of Aquatic Biology, California Academy of Sciences
Randall Arauz, President, PRETOMA, Costa Rica
Peter Knights, Executive Director, WildAid
Duane Silverstein, Executive Director, Seacology
Wallace “J.” Nichols, Senior Research Scientist, The Ocean Conservancy
The Nine Gorillas - A Town hall Discussion
Great innovation is often precipitated by great challenges. But to have the chance at innovation, we must first recognize these challenges. How will business create sustainable systems? How will business change as consumers become more aware and involved? How will businesses weave moral purpose into their mission statements? Alex helps us identify the patterns of the new environment we all live in. The changes are many—and how we handle them will be the key not just to the survival of companies, but to our quality of life for generations.
Alex Bogusky, Chief Creative Insurgent, MDC Partners
- What's Good For You is Good For the Planet /Building Next-Generation Economies for Earth's Ecosystems /Park Prescriptions for the Outdoors
- Disaster Relief: Changing the Game
- Water in the West / Spotlight ??? Jon Bowermaster / Closing Remarks
- Adaptation and Evolution in Media
- Exploring the Pacific Garbage Patch /Feeding the World
- Big River Man / Technology and the Future of Cities
- Health: Our Planet, Ourselves /Comprehensive Healthcare - But Not What You Think...
- Breaking the Barriers to the Energy Economy