May 10, 2014
11 am-2 pm
Audience: Groups, Members, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Preschool Students, Elementary School Students
Location: San Francisco, Presidio of San Francisco
Event Type: Music, Environment/Science, Food, Birds/Wildlife, History, Member Event, Tours/Walk/Recreation
Join us for history walks of the Presidio, nature talks with park experts, art treks, and more at this special day celebrating Parks Conservancy members and our parks!
Pick up a map and collect “treasure stamps” at stations around the historic Presidio Main Post, including:
- Archaeology Dig: Channel your inner archaeologist as we look for clues of past residents of the Presidio
- Historic Officer’s Club Sneak Peek: Check out the newly restored Officers Club (arguably San Francisco’s oldest building!) before it opens to the public
- Hummingbird Hotspot: Visit el Polin Spring with an expert birder and find out about the restoration of this natural spring
- Tunnel Top Sneak Peak: Get the insider’s scoop about Crissy Field and our brand new parklands.
- Art Trek: Explore renowned artist Andy Goldsworthy’s installation, Tree Fall, at the historic Powder Magazine.
- Park Portrait: Smile and pose for a portrait in front of the historic cannon
The route ends with a party on the Main Parade lawn, where we’ll have games, music, crafts, and grilled cheese sandwiches from the Melt truck, so you’ll want to bring the whole family and make a day of it!
Free for Parks Conservancy members and their guests.
Registration requested by May 8 to help us plan for the event.
Register online or call (415) 561-3060.