September 27, 2014
Times vary by project.
Audience: Groups, Adults, High School Students, Middle School Students, Families, Seniors, Educators, Volunteers, Elementary School Students
Location: Mori Point, Marin County, Marin Headlands, Fort Funston, Muir Beach, San Francisco, Lands End, Presidio of San Francisco, San Mateo County, Crissy Field
Event Type: Volunteer
Help us celebrate our priceless open space on National Public Lands Day by lending a hand on projects ranging from habitat restoration, weeding and vegetation management to growing plants in one of our native plant nurseries. Enjoy some time in the Golden Gate National Parks while making a difference. Bring your family and friends.
- Fort Funston Nursery, San Francisco, 9:30 am–12:30 pm
- Presidio Shoreline Maintenance, Presidio of San Francisco, 9 am–noon
- Park Stewardship San Francisco, Lands End, 1–4 pm
- Presidio Nursery, Presidio of San Francisco, 1–4 pm
- Presidio Park Stewards, Presidio of San Francisco, 9 am-noon
- Park Stewardship San Mateo, Mori Point, 10 am-1pm
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.