On Friday December 19, President Obama signed the IRA charitable rollover extension into law, which is retroactive to January 1, 2014 but is in effect only for the remainder of 2014. Under the legislation, donors aged 70 or older who transfer up to $100,000 directly from their IRAs by December 31, 2014 to one or more qualified charities will not have to pay income taxes on the distribution. This transfer applies only to IRAs and not to other types of retirement plans. If you have any questions about how this opportunity might benefit you, please contact your financial adviser.
When you make the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy a beneficiary in your estate plan, your legacy helps make possible:
• Thousands of children and youth in environmental education programs
• New trails, bikeways, overlooks, and visitor centers
• Tens of thousands of volunteers engaging in park stewardship
• Restored habitat for endangered and threatened species
• Hundreds of thousands of native plants revitalizing ecosystems
• An infinitely expanding web of ecological knowledge
• And countless moments of wonder, from young people visiting a national park for the first time.
When you make a planned gift to the Conservancy, you become a member of the Silver Lupine Circle — a community of park lovers who, like you, want these national treasures protected and nurtured for generations to come. You join an extraordinary group of people — hikers and history buffs, beachcombers and triathletes, volunteers and philanthropists, parents and grandparents, friends and neighbors — who care about these parks as much as you do.
Benefits of the Silver Lupine Circle include:
• A gift from the Conservancy
• Acknowledgement in the Conservancy’s annual report and Gateways newsletter
• Invitations to exclusive events and tours
• Regular correspondence sharing an insider’s view on park happenings
• The lifelong satisfaction of knowing your gift will protect wildlife, safeguard our cultural heritage, and enrich lives far into the future
We can help you arrange a convenient and tax-efficient way to give long-term support to the parks through your:
• Charitable trust
• Retirement plan assets
• Life insurance policies
To learn more, download our brochure Where Does Forever Begin? (pdf) or contact:
Audrey L. Yee, Esq.
Director of Planned Giving:
Phone: (415) 561-3016