VOLUNTEERS AND MEMBERS:
We had a full house for our May 4th program in Fort Cronkhite on Volunteers and Philanthropy: Why Volunteerism Matters, co-hosted by the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, California Academy of Sciences, The Marine Mammal Center, and Point Reyes National Seashore Association. A million thanks to Greg Lassonde for his engaging presentation on how volunteerism promotes community through shared values as well as provides mental and physical health benefits. A leading philanthropy consultant in the Bay Area, Greg gave his time to our organizations because he himself is a volunteer and the work of our organizations is important to him.
We also are deeply grateful for the volunteers who shared their stories of their own connections with our missions, including John Martini from NPS and the Conservancy, and what inspired them to make a further commitment to our organizations through legacy gifts. And a shout-out to Bovine Bakery of Point Reyes Station who donated delicious breakfast treats for our morning gathering! Stay tuned for news of our next event.
When you make the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy a beneficiary in your estate plan, your legacy helps make possible:
• Thousands of children and youth in environmental education programs
• New trails, bikeways, overlooks, and visitor centers
• Tens of thousands of volunteers engaging in park stewardship
• Restored habitat for endangered and threatened species
• Hundreds of thousands of native plants revitalizing ecosystems
• An infinitely expanding web of ecological knowledge
• And countless moments of wonder, from young people visiting a national park for the first time.
When you make a planned gift to the Conservancy, you become a member of the Silver Lupine Circle — a community of park lovers who, like you, want these national treasures protected and nurtured for generations to come. You join an extraordinary group of people — hikers and history buffs, beachcombers and triathletes, volunteers and philanthropists, parents and grandparents, friends and neighbors — who care about these parks as much as you do.
Benefits of the Silver Lupine Circle include:
• A gift from the Conservancy
• Acknowledgement in the Conservancy’s annual report and Gateways newsletter
• Invitations to exclusive events and tours
• Regular correspondence sharing an insider’s view on park happenings
• The lifelong satisfaction of knowing your gift will protect wildlife, safeguard our cultural heritage, and enrich lives far into the future
We can help you arrange a convenient and tax-efficient way to give long-term support to the parks through your:
• Charitable trust
• Retirement plan assets
• Life insurance policies
To learn more, download our brochure Where Does Forever Begin? (pdf) or contact:
Audrey L. Yee, Esq.
Director of Planned Giving:
Phone: (415) 561-3016