MAKE A TAX-FREE IRA GIFT TO SUPPORT YOUR PHILANTHROPY
On December 18th, Congress passed, and President Obama signed into law, legislation that would extend the special Individual Retirement Account (IRA) incentive for gifts completed in 2015 and in future years. For taxpayers aged 70½ or older, a total of up to $100,000 can be transferred directly from traditional or Roth IRAs to one or more qualified charities, such as the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, free from federal income tax each tax year. These transfers also count toward IRA mandatory minimum withdrawal amounts in the same tax year the gift is made. Your IRA administrator or tax adviser can assist you with your transfer of funds.
We hope you will consider supporting the Golden Gate National Parks with an IRA rollover gift. Your generosity, whether unrestricted or designated, can make a difference in keeping our parklands healthy, safe and fun for all forever.
When you make the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy a beneficiary in your estate plan, your legacy helps make possible:
• Thousands of children and youth in environmental education programs
• New trails, bikeways, overlooks, and visitor centers
• Tens of thousands of volunteers engaging in park stewardship
• Restored habitat for endangered and threatened species
• Hundreds of thousands of native plants revitalizing ecosystems
• An infinitely expanding web of ecological knowledge
• And countless moments of wonder, from young people visiting a national park for the first time.
When you make a planned gift to the Conservancy, you become a member of the Silver Lupine Circle — a community of park lovers who, like you, want these national treasures protected and nurtured for generations to come. You join an extraordinary group of people — hikers and history buffs, beachcombers and triathletes, volunteers and philanthropists, parents and grandparents, friends and neighbors — who care about these parks as much as you do.
Benefits of the Silver Lupine Circle include:
• A gift from the Conservancy
• Acknowledgement in the Conservancy’s annual report and Gateways newsletter
• Invitations to exclusive events and tours
• Regular correspondence sharing an insider’s view on park happenings
• The lifelong satisfaction of knowing your gift will protect wildlife, safeguard our cultural heritage, and enrich lives far into the future
We can help you arrange a convenient and tax-efficient way to give long-term support to the parks through your:
• Charitable trust
• Retirement plan assets
• Life insurance policies
To learn more, download our brochure Where Does Forever Begin? (pdf) or contact:
Audrey L. Yee, Esq.
Director of Planned Giving:
Phone: (415) 561-3016