As a PCLC member, each level of giving makes a real and remarkable difference in the future of our parklands and the communities that care for them.
Here are examples of what your gifts are achieving in the Golden Gate National Parks:
• Pays for an annual re-stock of basic tools and materials for one park volunteer program, including gloves, reusable weed bags and buckets, hand tools, safety and first aid supplies, water jugs and A-frame signs
• Provides a summer camp scholarship to a young person
• Sponsors a service learning project, including trail maintenance and habitat restoration, for 20 Bay Area youth
• Sponsors a school field trip for 2 classes to spend a day of learning in the parklands
• Sponsors a conservation-based internship for a high school student through our Linking Individuals with their Natural Community (LINC)
• Sponsors an Alcatraz Gardens service project for a local youth summer camp group
• Provides 6 weeks of summer service learning to a middle school student through our Urban Trailblazers Program, offering a student a combination of experiences including hands-on projects on trails and in the native plant nurseries, and outdoor investigation and excursions in the field, including overnight camping and backpacking excursions
• Provides care and nurture of 1,500 plants at a native plant nursery for habitat restoration in the Presidio
• Sponsors a high school student’s Inspiring Young Emerging Leaders (I-YEL) internship for an entire year!
• Sponsors one year of monitoring the endangered mission blue butterfly populations in San Mateo County
• Sponsorship of an entire park volunteer program, including intern support and training with native plants work, trail and habitat restoration, monitoring of endangered species, and more
• Provides an entire high school class with a field science
learning module in our national park through Project WISE
• Provides four months of engagement, outreach, and education to support major projects like the revitalization of Lands End