Date & Time:
Volunteer programs take place on Fridays, 1–4 pm.
Friday, July 3 - Program Canceled for Holiday
Meeting Location: Meet at the Presidio Transit Center at 215 Lincoln Boulevard, San Francisco, CA 94129. A park van will shuttle you to the work location 10 minutes before the start of the program. Van picks up volunteers on the corner closest to the Golden Gate Bridge. Google Map to Presidio Transit Center.
Join the Presidio Plant Patrol and help eradicate noxious weeds that pose threats to the native biodiversity of Presidio plants and animals. Come participate in “extreme restoration” in some of the more out-of-the-way natural areas of the Presidio and go after pampass grass, cape ivy, French broom, and iceplant. Invasives watch out!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged. No cancellations due to rain. Please arrive by 12:50 pm to fill out paperwork. We will be heading out to the work site no later than 1 pm.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.