The Camping at the Presidio (CAP) Program provides youth who traditionally have not visited national parks with meaningful overnight camping experiences. Designed for community organizations and schools, CAP provides a dynamic and affordable way to enrich the lives of young people.
Since 2007, CAP has met the need for thousands of Bay Area youth to get access to overnight camping in the Presidio, while providing a gateway experience to explore the Golden Gate National Parks and public lands far beyond our urban center.
Upon completion of a 30 hour, overnight CAP Leadership Training (CAPLT), participants gain access to a full-service camping experience in the heart of San Francisco (including gear, transportation, educational programing and pre-trip orientations).
2015 Camping at the Presidio Leadership Training Dates:
- Jan. 31- Feb. 1 (Saturday-Sunday)
- Feb 21 (Saturday) Re-certification only – restricted registration
- Feb. 28 - Mar 1 (Saturday-Sunday)
- Aug. 12-13 (Wednesday-Thursday)
- Sep. 12-13 (Saturday-Sunday)
- Sep. 26 (Saturday) Re-certification only – restricted registration
- October 24-25 (Saturday-Sunday)
- November (TBD)
To review eligibility requirements and find out more about what CAP provides please click the links below:
CAP Resource Kits >>
Descriptions of different Resource Kits that the CAP program offers.
CAPLT Graduates >>
This page contains information and resources helpful in reserving and planning a camping trip.