Beginning Date: Summer 2010
Completion Date: Fall 2010
This segment of the California Coastal Trail—extending from the Muir Beach to the Coyote Ridge Trail—was formerly used as a ranch and military road. As part of the larger Redwood Creek Restoration Project, the segment was transformed into a sustainable, multi-use trail. Adjacent habitat areas also have been restored with native vegetation.
- Re-alignment of the Coastal Trail to improve safety and accessibility.
- Regrading of the Coastal Trail to restore natural water flow and reduce erosion.
- Drainage restoration at former Coastal Trail alignment.
- Targeted control of non-native plants and trees.
- Native plant propagation and revegetation.
- Restoration of coastal scrub and prairie habitat.
- Public education.
- Ongoing monitoring of sensitive plant species.
- Ongoing monitoring of trail closures and new trail improvements.
This project was made possible by numerous funders and members of the Parks Conservancy. Our deep gratitude goes to these supporters their contributions to our work at Muir Beach.