Beginning Date: Summer 2011
Completion Date: Fall 2012
Recent trail improvements enhanced a key trail link in the Marin Headlands, allowing bicyclists and pedestrians to better access the Marin Headlands from Fort Baker and Sausalito. The project also restored riparian habitat, reduced trail flooding during the winter, and created a safer, more scenic alternative to Bunker Road.
Trail Improvements Include:
- Construction and installation of two new bridges and connector trails.
- Resurfacing of Rodeo Valley Trail from Bobcat Trail east to the new Capehart Bridge.
- Installation of drainage features to keep the trail surface dry year-round.
- Realignment of the trail away from wetland habitat.
- Restoration of adjacent wetland and riparian areas.