Rob Hill Campground
This campground, the only overnight facility of its kind in the city, sits atop the highest point in the Presidio, overlooking Baker Beach and the Pacific Ocean. Open to the public by reservation April through October, Rob Hill Campground is also home to the Crissy Field Center’s Camping at the Presidio (CAP) program which provides low-cost camping to educators and community organizations who support youth that have traditionally experienced barriers to their national parks. Community organizations and schools must qualify for the CAP program by meeting eligibility criteria such as offering free to low-cost services or working with families on a limited income or who receive free/reduced lunch. For additional criteria, training information, and next steps, please visit the Camping at the Presidio webpage.
Thanks to our friends at the Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund, the site saw major upgrades in 2010, with the addition of improved group campsites; clean, well-lit restrooms; accessible paved pathways; and a building for education programs.
- Reservations required (see details below).
- Two group campsites are open to the public, each able to accommodate up to 30 people.
- Each campsite features a fire pit, barbecue grill, food storage lockers, and picnic tables.
- Well-lighted restrooms (no showers).
- Please note, the Great Room and Fire Circle are reserved for education programs only. Please do not disturb the groups using these spaces.
- A reservation and permit are required for camping at Rob Hill.
- Use of the campsite is $125 per site, per night, with a maximum stay of three nights.
- All veterans, retired, and active duty personnel receive a reduced rate on campground use ($75 per site per night); military members must present a valid military ID with the application form.
- Payments are by credit card only; fees are non-refundable.
- To request a reservation, please download this form (external link), complete it, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Mac users: please print the form, fill it out, scan it, and send it to the email address; some browsers are unable to open this form properly, so please make sure it is saved to your computer.)
- Reservations are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and are confirmed via email. A minimum of three working days is required to process reservations.
- Reservations cannot be made over the phone, but please call the Presidio Visitor Center at (415) 561-4323 with questions.
Rules & Restrictions:
- Reservations begin at 12 pm and end at 11 am the following day.
- No pets (with the exception of service dogs).
- Alcohol, smoking, firearms, explosives, and generators are not permitted.
- Campsite permits come with four parking passes; please park in the designated parking area. Illegally parked vehicles are subject to ticketing and towing by the U.S. Park Police. Additional paid parking is available nearby for additional vehicles.
- RV, pop-up and camper-truck camping is not allowed in the Presidio; no hook-ups available.
- All sites are walk-in. ADA access to the sites is available. Vehicles are not permitted in the campground proper.
- Each campsite is equipped with a fire pit (you must bring your own firewood) and a fixed charcoal barbeque grill. Please do not burn wood or charcoal when there is a Spare the Air alert in effect.
- Quiet time is from 10 pm to 6 am.
- No amplified music is allowed.
- The campground cannot be considered a temporary residence.
- Heavy rains and high wind advisory cancels; call the weather hotline (415) 561-2115 for updated information.
For more information, visit the Presidio Trust website or call the Presidio Visitor Center at (415) 561-4323.