Golden Gate Historic Landscaping and Maintenance
Parks Powered by Volunteers
When: Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 9 am–Noon.
Where: Meeting locations vary. See list of events for dates and locations.
*Please note the November 27th and 29th programs are cancelled.
Come join the fun and help preserve and protect your national park! Maintenance volunteers help protect and beautify the historic landscapes and cultural resources throughout National Park Service managed lands in San Francisco and San Mateo counties―from Fort Mason to Sutro Heights Park, Ocean Beach, and Fort Funston. Projects include litter and sand removal, planting native flora, weeding invasive plants, vegetation pruning, painting, site improvements, and trail maintenance.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.