Follow the steps below and you'll be able to make your own National Park Service (NPS) Junior Ranger for the park of your choosing. If you need local inspiration, here's our guide to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
- Brown paper bag OR thin piece of cardboard (like cereal box)
- Writing tool: Marker, pen, pencil, or crayons
- Safety pin (optional)
- Tape (optional)
- Cut a flat panel out of a paper bag or piece of thin cardboard (like a cereal box).
- Draw a ranger badge shape onto the paper/cardboard.
- Decorate the ranger badge with a marker, pen, pencil, or crayon! Think of your favorite park animals and sites for inspiration.
- Finally, cut out the badge! If you have one, tape or glue a safety pin to the back of the badge to connect it to clothing. Now there’s a new junior ranger in town!