Self-Guided Hike: Green and Glorious Marin
Take a walk through the beautiful scenery of Marin to Stinson Beach
Enjoy the lush green hills and wildflowers of Spring on this fun one-way hike to Stinson Beach, with a Marin Stagecoach bus ride back. You can find a detailed map here.
Distance: 4 miles one-way
Time: 2 hours one-way, plus the time it takes for the Stagecoach bus to bring you back to the Pantoll Ranger Station
Level: Moderate, mostly downhill
Access/Parking: Pantoll Ranger Station parking lot
Restrooms: Near the Pantoll parking lot and at Stinson Beach
Timing: Check schedules before you go - there are more times on weekends
- Park at the Pan Toll Ranger Station parking lot.
- Cross Panoramic Hwy to the Matt Davis Trail and turn left on to this trail.
- Take this trail all the way down to Stinson Beach.
- When you near the town, take the left fork on the Matt Davis Trail and you will come out uphill from the Fire Dept on Belvedere Ave.
- Go downhill, turn right on Hwy 1, and then left at the entrance to Stinson Beach National Park.
- The Stagecoach stop is inside the entrance, but enjoy an ice cream at the Parkside Snack Bar or lunch at the Cafe before heading home.
- You may need cash for the bus. It will drop you off at Pantoll Ranger Station.