When: 1st, 3rd, and 4th Fridays of the month, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Where: 1st & 3rd Fridays - Marin Headlands, Fort Baker, and Muir Beach; 4th Friday - Nike Missile Site
Landscaping and maintenance volunteers help to improve park safety & accessibility through preservation and enhancement of beautiful landscapes and maintaining historic buildings and grounds. Activities may include painting, weeding, pruning, mulching, litter pick-up, and more.
Nike Missile Site Preservation: Join us in helping to preserve the historic Nike Missile Site! We are located in the beautiful Marin Headlands with spectacular views overlooking Rodeo Beach and historic Fort Cronkhite. In an effort to restore this site back to its peak operational condition of 1964, many hands are needed for vegetation removal, painting historic features, and general upkeep of the site. As an added bonus, you get the chance to join behind-the scenes tours!
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.