Highway 101 lies just below this trail. Take your time and enjoy the views in the canyon as you make your way up the hill side, and look out over the bay as you follow numerous switchbacks.
Head up to the bench just to the right of the trail at the top. From here, slow down and breathe easier as you take in the sunrise.
This trail demands your concentration going up or down. For such a short trail, it offers a lot of different views, and is an easy way to access the Alta Avenue Trail and Wolfback Ridge.
- Stay on the established trail. Keep an eye out for poison oak. Read our four season guide to poison oak.
- Observe warning signs and railings-these exist for your safety.
- Dress in layers and be prepared for varying weather conditions. Sunny days along the coast can turn windy, foggy, and cold very fast. View our Golden Gate Bridge webcams to see current conditions.
- Do not climb on the coastal bluffs or edges, the sand and rocks are loose and eroding and dangerous!
- People have fallen from these cliffs.