This year celebrate California Coastal Cleanup Day on September 17th or anytime in September by doing your part!
Beach cleanups start at our own front doors. Trash can travel through storm drains, creeks, and rivers to become beach pollution. This September let's help clean our beaches by cleaning up in our own neighborhoods and local natural areas.
We have limited cleanups on Golden Gate National Recreation Area lands in Marin and San Francisco counties this year, but you can also participate in the statewide effort by following guidance from the California Coastal Commission and helping out locally.
Interested in helping out at a beach cleanup in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area? Check out the site list & what to bring below and then register here - please note that registration is required. All projects are 9am-noon on Saturday September 17th. Please be sure to select your desired site from the "Select a Date & Time" drop-down on the registration form.
All projects are Saturday September 17th, 9am - noon.
- Marin Headlands - Rodeo Beach & Lagoon
- Marin Headlands - Rodeo Beach South
- Tennessee Valley
- Muir Beach
- Pirates Cove
- Stinson Beach
- Ocean Beach at Judah
What to bring:
- Your own reusable supplies! Limit waste by bringing your own bag or bucket and gloves if you have them. CONSERVE - BYO this year! Don't worry if you do not have your own supplies - we'll have some on-site for you to use.
- Proper clothing - closed-toe shoes (no sandals), a hat, and layers.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case
- Face coverings and social distancing are encouraged, but not required.