When: Friday, December 15, 2023, 1 pm–4 pm
Where: Lands End; specific meeting location will be in the confirmation email after registering. Registration is required.
Join your local queer community for a day of stewardship (and more) at Lands End led by LGBTQ+ park staff! In this queer affinity program, you will learn about San Francisco's iconic sand dunes and care for this space by weeding and pruning to maintain a healthy home for local plants and wildlife.
No experience is necessary to join these events - we'll provie all the training and tools you need. COVID safety: this event is outdoors. Please reach out with any accessibility needs and we look forward to seeing you out there!
AGE, SKILLS, WHAT TO BRING:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
- Face coverings and social distancing are encouraged, but not required.
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case