COVID-19 Response: Latest on Volunteer Programs
In compliance with Bay Area shelter-in-place orders, the Parks Conservancy, along with our partners at NPS and The Presidio Trust, will not be offering volunteer programming at this time. We will resume coordinating volunteer activities when public health recommendations allow.
In the meantime, we encourage you to keep an eye on our website for announcements. You can also follow us on our social channels like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or sign up for email updates here.
We sincerely look forward to the day when we can gather and care for our parks together again. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
When: 3rd Saturday of each month, 10 am–noon
Where: Ocean Beach - Stairwell 17
Make a difference while enjoying a day at the beach. Ocean Beach is a beautiful three mile stretch of coastline popular with local residents and visitors alike for a range of recreational activities. Unfortunately, with its popularity, there is a lot of human-made debris left behind which is harmful to wildlife and our community. Help us lead by example, steward our coastline, and keep our beaches beautiful, clean, and safe for all of us to enjoy.
Did you know that 80% of marine debris some from land-based sources? That means from us, our daily activities, and our waste.
Conserve and BYO – Bring Your Own bag or bucket, gloves, and water bottle if you have them.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
- Rain cancels cleanups.