This volunteer program is currently on pause and not hosting weekly/monthly events. Please view our active events calendar to browse available volunteer opportunities in the parks.
Make a difference while enjoying a day at the beach. Ocean Beach is a beautiful three mile stretch of coastline popular with local residents and visitors alike for a range of recreational activities. Unfortunately, with its popularity, there is a lot of human-made debris left behind which is harmful to wildlife and our community. Help us lead by example, steward our coastline, and keep our beaches beautiful, clean, and safe for all of us to enjoy.
Did you know that 80% of marine debris some from land-based sources? That means from us, our daily activities, and our waste.
Conserve and BYO – Bring Your Own bag or bucket, gloves, and water bottle if you have them.
Groups of five or more require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Please review the List of Available Projects and fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
- Rain cancels cleanups.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.