COVID-19 Response: Latest on Volunteer Programs
In compliance with Bay Area shelter-in-place orders, the Parks Conservancy, along with our partners at NPS and The Presidio Trust, will not be offering volunteer programming at this time. We will resume coordinating volunteer activities when public health recommendations allow.
In the meantime, we encourage you to keep an eye on our website for announcements. You can also follow us on our social channels like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or sign up for email updates here.
We sincerely look forward to the day when we can gather and care for our parks together again. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Date & Time: 3rd Saturday of each month, 9 am–12 pm
Special Events: We often have trail events on other Saturdays of the month. See the list of events below.
Meeting Location: This program works park-wide and locations vary. Meeting location will be posted on month before the program.
A combined effort between the Parks Conservancy and the National Park Service’s Golden Gate Trail Crew, the Trails Stewardship Team engages numerous volunteers in the act of restoring and maintaining 125 miles of trails within the Golden Gate National Parks.
Volunteer activities vary from season to season, but include tasks such as retreading trail, restoring native habitat, moving materials, replacing fence, brushing trail, and constructing new trail structures. This program is great for those who want a great workout, love being outdoors, are not afraid to get dirty, and enjoy meeting new folks!
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
AGe, Skills, What To Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Adult supervision is required for teens 14 and younger. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary. Also, bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.