This volunteer program is currently on pause and not hosting weekly/monthly events. Please view our active events calendar to browse available volunteer opportunities in the parks.
A combined effort between the Parks Conservancy and the National Park Service’s Golden Gate Trail Crew, the Trails Stewardship Team engages numerous volunteers in the act of restoring and maintaining 125 miles of trails within the Golden Gate National Parks.
Volunteer activities vary from season to season, but include tasks such as retreading trail, restoring native habitat, moving materials, replacing fence, brushing trail, and constructing new trail structures. This program is great for those who want a great workout, love being outdoors, are not afraid to get dirty, and enjoy meeting new folks!
AGe, Skills, What To Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Adult supervision is required for teens 14 and younger. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary. Also, bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.