COVID-19 Response: Latest on Volunteer Programs
In compliance with Bay Area shelter-in-place orders, the Parks Conservancy, along with our partners at NPS and The Presidio Trust, will not be offering volunteer programming at this time. We will resume coordinating volunteer activities when public health recommendations allow.
In the meantime, we encourage you to keep an eye on our website for announcements. You can also follow us on our social channels like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or sign up for email updates here.
We sincerely look forward to the day when we can gather and care for our parks together again. Please reach out to email@example.com with questions or concerns.
When: Last Saturday of each month, 9am–12pm
Where: Each month is at a different park site! Locations are announced one month before the program.
Teens on Trails is a great program for those who are looking for an introduction to their local national parks, enjoy spending time outdoors, and want to meet other Bay Area teens with these similar interests! Volunteer activities vary for each work day, but include tasks such as resurfacing trail, restoring native habitat, repairing fences, and cutting back brush along the trails.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Adult supervision is required for teens 14 and younger. Read our Youth Policy Guildelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary. Also, bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.