Teens on Trails
Parks Powered by Volunteers
When: Last Saturday of each month, October thru April, 10 am–1 pm
Where: Each month is at a different park site! Locations are announced one month before the program.
Teens on Trails is a great program for those who are looking for an introduction to their local national parks, enjoy spending time outdoors, and want to meet other Bay Area teens with these similar interests! Volunteer activities vary for each work day, but include tasks such as resurfacing trail, restoring native habitat, repairing fences, and cutting back brush along the trails.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Adult supervision is required for teens 14 and younger. Read our Youth Policy Guildelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary. Also, bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.