Coastal Trail at Muir Beach
This segment of the California Coastal Trail—extending from the Muir Beach to the Coyote Ridge Trail—was formerly used as a ranch and military road. As part of the larger Redwood Creek Restoration Project, the segment was transformed into a sustainable, multi-use trail. Adjacent habitat areas also have been restored with native vegetation.
- Re-alignment of the Coastal Trail to improve safety and accessibility.
- Regrading of the Coastal Trail to restore natural water flow and reduce erosion.
- Drainage restoration at former Coastal Trail alignment.
- Targeted control of non-native plants and trees.
- Native plant propagation and revegetation.
- Restoration of coastal scrub and prairie habitat.
- Public education.
- Ongoing monitoring of sensitive plant species.
- Ongoing monitoring of trail closures and new trail improvements.