Habitat Restoration Team
Help restore and protect Marin’s natural areas from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge. We’ll explore beautiful areas while conducting invasive plant removal, planting natives, and collecting seed. Habitat Restoration Team volunteers play a vital role in restoring sensitive resources and protecting endangered species across the ridges and valleys of the Marin Headlands, Tennessee Valley, Tam Valley, Homestead Valley and Stinson-Bolinas Region.
Ranger led volunteer programs take place every Sunday at different locations from 9:30 am - 2:30 pm and on Tuesdays (2nd and 4th only) from 10 am - 2 pm in Tennessee Valley.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event. We work at different sites each week and may need to give you directions.
Our office is closed Friday and Saturday so if you need more information, please contact us in advance.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the Habitat Restoration workday schedule (PDF) for details.
HRT Office: (415) 289-1861 or email@example.com.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.