When: Sunday, January 15; 10:00 am-1:00 pm
Where: Marin Headlands; specific meeting location will be in the confirmation email after registering
Celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. by helping to restore and protect Marin’s natural areas. This is the first official project to start improving endangered California red legged frog habitat at this site, come lend a hand and celebrate the launch of this project! Activities will include pulling and piling ice plant to restore coastal scrub habitat to allow native plants to thrive.
For more opportunities to get involved with the Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend of Service here
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle, sunscreen, and lunch.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.