Help restore and monitor critical natural areas from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge. Volunteers and staff work at different scenic locations each week to restore native habitat throughout the park. Come out and explore beautiful areas while assisting in invasive plant removal, outplanting of native plants (winter season), and seed collection.
Volunteer programs take place on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 10 am-noon and Sundays, 9:30 am-2:30 pm.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event. We work at different sites each week and may need to give you directions.
Our office is closed Friday and Saturday so if you need more information, please contact us in advance.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the Habitat Restoration workday schedule (PDF) for details.
HRT Office: (415) 289-1861 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.