COVID-19 Response: Latest on Volunteer Programs
The Parks Conservancy, along with our partners at the National Park Service and Presidio Trust, have been significantly impacted by the global health pandemic. Resumption of park volunteer programs will be delayed as we adjust staffing to ensure a positive volunteer experience. Up-to-date volunteer opportunities will be reflected on the calendar of events for individuals and families and our list of available projects for groups of 5 or more.
When: Wednesdays, 10 am–2:30 pm
Where: Marin-locations vary. Details for the current workday schedule (PDF) can be viewed in the "Program Downloads" tab on this page.
Hiking with a mission! Invasive Plant Patrol volunteers join ranger led hikes, from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge, to find and remove localized infestations of invasive weeds before they get out of control—an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This program is great for those that love to hike and are interested in plant identification, both native and non-native. Hikes are approximately 4.5 hours.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle, sunscreen, and lunch.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.