COVID-19 Response: Latest on Volunteer Programs
In compliance with Bay Area shelter-in-place orders, the Parks Conservancy, along with our partners at NPS and The Presidio Trust, will not be offering volunteer programming at this time. We will resume coordinating volunteer activities when public health recommendations allow.
In the meantime, we encourage you to keep an eye on our website for announcements. You can also follow us on our social channels like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or sign up for email updates here.
We sincerely look forward to the day when we can gather and care for our parks together again. Please reach out to email@example.com with questions or concerns.
When: Wednesdays, 10 am–2:30 pm
Where: Marin-locations vary. Details for the current workday schedule (PDF) can be viewed in the "Program Downloads" tab on this page.
Hiking with a mission! Invasive Plant Patrol volunteers join ranger led hikes, from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge, to find and remove localized infestations of invasive weeds before they get out of control—an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This program is great for those that love to hike and are interested in plant identification, both native and non-native. Hikes are approximately 4.5 hours.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle, sunscreen, and lunch.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.