Park Stewardship San Francisco
Parks Powered by Volunteers
When: Thursdays, 1pm–4pm and Saturdays, 10am–1pm
NOTE: The 10/26 weekly program will include a special celebration of Diwali, a festival of lights celebrated in the Indian subcontinent. Click here for more details.
Where: Thursdays at Presidio Coastal Bluffs; last Thursday of every month at Lobos Creek; Saturdays at Lands End.
Meeting locations are subject to change, please see list of events for current workday information and cancelations.
National park lands intersect with urban communities within this city, and the San Francisco Park Stewardship team works to ensure that the natural habitat and community members connect and flourish.
We rely on the support of local community members, from drop-in volunteers to school groups, to help us in this effort to ensure that these local rare species and unique ecological communities will be here for generations to come.
For upcoming San Francisco Volunteer Opportunities see events listed below. We have regular programs on Thursdays and Saturdays. Please join us!
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.