COVID-19 Response: Latest on Volunteer Programs
In compliance with Bay Area shelter-in-place orders, the Parks Conservancy, along with our partners at NPS and The Presidio Trust, will not be offering volunteer programming at this time. We will resume coordinating volunteer activities when public health recommendations allow.
In the meantime, we encourage you to keep an eye on our website for announcements. You can also follow us on our social channels like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or sign up for email updates here.
We sincerely look forward to the day when we can gather and care for our parks together again. Please reach out to email@example.com with questions or concerns.
When: Thursdays, 1pm–4pm and Saturdays, 10am–1pm
Where: Thursdays at Presidio Coastal Bluffs; last Thursday of every month at Lobos Creek; Saturdays at Lands End.
Meeting locations are subject to change, please see list of events for current workday information and cancelations.
National park lands intersect with urban communities within this city, and the San Francisco Park Stewardship team works to ensure that the natural habitat and community members connect and flourish.
We rely on the support of local community members, from drop-in volunteers to school groups, to help us in this effort to ensure that these local rare species and unique ecological communities will be here for generations to come.
For upcoming San Francisco Volunteer Opportunities see events listed below. We have regular programs on Thursdays and Saturdays. Please join us!
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.