When: 3rd Tuesday of every month, 10 am–2 pm
Where: Marin Headlands Nursery
Come grow with us! Perched above Rodeo Lagoon, the Marin Headlands Nursery immerses volunteers in the beauty of the park as we ensure that each plant gets the care it needs to thrive.
Depending on the week and season, volunteers may be transplanting seedlings, pruning plants, processing seeds for the next growing season, maintaining the facility, or doing other fun outdoor activities.
Join us to help grow our national park!
Check the Marin Headlands Nursery volunteer homepage for program updates and cancellations.
Nursery programs are limited in capacity. Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.