When: 3rd Saturday of the month, 9-11 am
Where: Ocean Beach - Stairwell 17. ***Registration is required!
Make a difference while enjoying a day at the beach. Ocean Beach is a beautiful three mile stretch of coastline popular with local residents and visitors alike for a range of recreational activities. Unfortunately, with its popularity, there is alot of human-made debris left behind which is harmful to wildlife and our community. Help us lead by example, steward our coastline, and keep our beaches beautiful, clean, and safe for all of us to enjoy.
Did you know that 80% of marine debris some from land-based sources? That means from us, our daily activities, and our waste.
Conserve and BYO – Bring Your Own bag or bucket, gloves, and water bottle if you have them.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.