When: Saturday, July 31st, 10 am - 1 pm
Where: Rodeo Beach
Did you know that there are five major garbage patches in our oceans, the largest being in the Pacific Ocean? Learn more about these trash gyres as you help us to protect endangered species and marine animals from the dangers of human-made trash.
This is a three-part summer beach clean-up series focusing on Rodeo Beach and Lagoon, Muir Beach, and Stinson Beach.
Join guest artist Zach Pine from noon to 1 pm during the August 14th and 28th events. Learn to make sand globes and express your creativity through nature art. Check out Zach's work on his website. Come express your creativity through nature art!
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.