This volunteer program is currently on pause and not hosting weekly/monthly events. Please view our active events calendar to browse available volunteer opportunities in the parks.
From Muir Beach to Oakwood Valley, the Park Stewardship Marin Team works to restore critical habitat for a several endangered species, including the Coho salmon and Mission blue butterfly. The park relies on the support of local community members, from individuals and families to school groups, to help us in this effort to ensure that these local rare species and unique ecological communities will be here for generations to come.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.