Park Stewardship San Mateo
Parks Powered by Volunteers
When: Saturdays, 10am–1pm
Where: Meeting locations vary. See list of events for dates and locations.
With a belief that hands-on experience with nature inspires an ethic of stewardship and care, the San Mateo Park Stewardship team connects interested volunteers to restoration projects, and develops numerous long-term partnerships that actively engage youth and adult audiences in the care of the parklands.
We rely on the support of local community members, from drop-in volunteers to school groups, to help us in this effort to ensure that these local rare species and unique ecological communities will be here for generations to come.
For upcoming San Mateo Volunteer Opportunities see events listed below. We have regular programs on Saturdays. Please join us!
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
AGE, SKILLS, WHAT TO BRING:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.