Golden Gate Trail Stewardship Program
Join Golden Gate Trails and Marin County Parks for a morning of trail maintenance on the White Hill and Porcupine trails. Projects include building drainage features, repairing eroded tread, and brushing the trail corridor.
Date & Time: 3rd Saturday of each month, 10am-1pm
Meeting Location: White Hill Parking Lot (3292 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Fairfax). Meet at the roadside parking area near the top of White Hill Grade on Sir Francisc Drake Blvd. From Hwy 101 in Larkspur, take the exit for Sir Francis Drake Blvd west 8 miles. Park in the big gravel pullout on the right side, below the crest of the Hill.
A combined effort between the Parks Conservancy and the National Park Service’s Golden Gate Trail Crew, the Trails Stewardship Team engages numerous volunteers in the act of restoring and maintaining 125 miles of trails within the Golden Gate National Parks.
Volunteer activities vary from season to season, but include tasks such as retreading trail, restoring native habitat, moving materials, replacing fence, brushing trail, and constructing new trail structures. This program is great for those who want a great workout, love being outdoors, are not afraid to get dirty, and enjoy meeting new folks!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.