From Muir Beach to Oakwood Valley, the Marin Park Stewardship Team works to restore critical habitat for a several endangered species, including the Coho salmon and Mission blue butterfly. The park relies on the support of local community members, from individuals and families to school groups, to help us in this effort to ensure that these local rare species and unique ecological communities will be here for generations to come.
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays, 1-4 pm and Saturdays from 10 am-1 pm.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event.
Check the Park Stewardship Marin volunteer page for program updates and the workday schedule.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the Marin workday schedule (PDF) for details.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.