Muir Beach is home to the endangered Coho Salmon, and many migratory bird species and wildlife. Join Park Stewardship to restore the grasslands, wetlands, dune, and riparian ecosystems at Muir Beach. Volunteering with us is a proactive way to participate in environmental healing. Volunteer days include a combination of hands-on service and short natural or cultural history lessons. Come out and lend a hand!
Marin Park Stewardship volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays, 1-4 pm and Saturdays from 10 am-1 pm at rotating locations.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event.
Check the Park Stewardship Marin volunteer page for program updates and the workday schedule.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements