Golden Gate Trail Stewardship Program
Parks Powered by Volunteers
Date & Time: Saturday, March 16th
Meeting Location: Point Bonita Lighthouse Parking Lot *Note*: The project will require a 0.5 mile walk to the project site, and a 0.5 mile walk uphill back to the parking area.
A combined effort between the Parks Conservancy and the National Park Service’s Golden Gate Trail Crew, the Trails Stewardship Team engages numerous volunteers in the act of restoring and maintaining 125 miles of trails within the Golden Gate National Parks.
We will be shoveling, using wheelbarrows, and raking. This program is great for those who want a great workout, love being outdoors, are not afraid to get dirty, and enjoy meeting new folks!
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.