Hiking with a mission! Invasive Plant Patrol volunteers hike and find new and/or small infestations of exotics and remove small infestations before they get out of control An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This program is great for those that love to hike and learn to identify plants, both native and non-native.
This Ranger led Volunteer programs meets 10:00 am - 2:30 pm at different locations every Wednesday. Locations vary from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event. We work at different sites each week and may need to give you directions.
Our office is closed Friday and Saturday so if you need more information, please contact us in advance.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meeting locations vary. View the IPP workday schedule (PDF) for details.
HRT Office: (415) 289-1861 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Call our hotline at (415) 289-1862 to hear the Sunday workday schedule.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.