Presidio Forest Stewards
Parks Powered by Volunteers
When: Fridays, 9 am–Noon;
Where: Meet at the Presidio Transit Center on the bay-facing side of the building a few minutes prior to the start of the program for a prompt 9:00 am departure. Volunteers will be shuttled by van to the project site.
Forest Stewards tend to young trees in the Presidio’s reforestation areas. Learn about urban forestry and arboriculture, while assisting with forest maintenance through planting, weeding, mulching, and other stewardship activities.
Check the Presidio Trust website for additional updates.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Please visit the Presidio Trust group service projects page.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Presidio Trust Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.