Join the fun and help preserve and protect your national park! Maintenance volunteers help protect and beautify the historic landscapes and cultural resources throughout National Park Service managed lands in San Francisco county (see full list below). Projects include trail maintenance, vegetation removal, native planting, beach clean-up, san removal, and graffiti abatement.
When: Thursdays from 9am - noon.
Where: Baker Beach (4th Thursdays) - exact meeting location will vary and will be listed in the registration confirmation email. Registration is required.
- 1st Thursday: Crissy Field, West Bluff
- 2nd Thursday: Lands End
- 3rd Thursday: Crissy Field, East Beach
- 4th Thursday: Baker Beach
- 5th Thursdays (when applicable): Ocean Beach
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.