When: Monday, January 16th, 10am - 1pm; Registration Required
Where: Baker Beach, specific meeting location will be listed in the registration confirmation email.
Celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. with the San Francisco Habitat Stewards - the fun from Saturday continues! Join us in restoring dune habitat by removing invasive ice plant at Baker Beach in the Presidio of San Francisco. Additional projects will include removing man-made debris from the shoreline to help protect wildlife and visitors alike!
For more opportunites to get involved with the Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend of Service here
Groups of five or more require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.