When: Saturday March 14th, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Where: Fort Cronkhite
Preserve historic structures, protect native habitat and create a welcoming space for visitors with the Marin Maintenance team during our Winter Warm-Up Series.
This is a three-part winter series focusing on Fort Baker, Fort Barry, and Fort Cronkhite. Join the Marin Maintenance team to learn more about our three historic forts through volunteering. Activities may include vegetation removal, litter pickup and painting - dependent on the weather.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 12+ welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.