When: Sunday, January 15th; 9 am–Noon.
Where: Upper Fort Mason at Flagpole
Celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. by helping to preserve and protect your national park! Maintenance volunteers help protect and beautify the historic landscapes and cultural resources throughout National Park Service managed lands in San Francisco and San Mateo counties―from Fort Mason to Sutro Heights Park, Ocean Beach, and Fort Funston. Projects include litter and sand removal, planting native flora, weeding invasive plants, vegetation pruning, painting, site improvements, and trail maintenance.
For more opportunities to get involved with the Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend of Service here
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or email@example.com.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.