When: Saturday, January 28th, 9am - Noon; Registration Required
Where: Lands End
Due to weather conditions last weekend, this rescheduled program will honor the vision of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and many other ancestors worldwide who led with their hearts to build Beloved Communities. Park staff and Latino Outdoors are excited to host a community program that will involve habitat restoration activities, a sharing of untold stories of Lands End, and an engaging discussion on local environmental and social justice issues and how we can all play our part in building a Beloved Community. We promise it will be a fun and healthy way to start the new year!
Groups of five or more require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements