To ensure the safety of staff and volunteers, registration is required for this event.
When: October 9th, 2021; 9 am - noon
Where: El Granada - Meeting location will be sent once registration is complete.
Come help restore natural habitats at our kickoff quarterly volunteer event at Rancho Corral de Tierra, El Granada! We will be removing pine tree saplings and other invasive plants to make room for native plants and animals to grow, to keep the trails accessible, and to reduce the risk of wildfire.
- Please complete this CDC health self-screening prior to joining a volunteer program.
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case
- We require 6 feet of physical distancing at volunteer programs.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged at all times, and required when you are within 6 feet of people outside of your household.
Air Quality Alerts:
- Above 100 (orange) - program may continue but sensitive groups should consider staying home.
- Above 150 (red) - all volunteer programs will be cancelled.
- Please visit AirNow for the latest air quality information.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle, sunscreen, and lunch.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.