When: Wednesdays, 10 am–2:30 pm
Where: Marin-locations vary. View the IPP workday schedule (PDF) for details.
Hiking with a mission! Invasive Plant Patrol volunteers join ranger led hikes, from the Marin Headlands to Bolinas Ridge, to find and remove localized infestations of invasive weeds before they get out of control—an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This program is great for those that love to hike and are interested in plant identification, both native and non-native. Hikes are approximately 4.5 hours.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 15 and up are welcome.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.