The Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) is turning 50 years old on October 27, 2022! Help us celebrate the 50th anniversary by rolling up your sleeves and giving the parks some TLC! Join on your own, grab a friend, or bring some family. Check out the options below and register today.
Saturday, October 29th - Register here. Choose a project from the "Select a Date & Time" drop-down menu and complete the registration form. Registration is required.
- 9am-Noon, Presidio Habitat Stewards: Help to restore natural areas and create imporant wildlife corridors in the Presidio of San Francisco with this fun and educational project to revitalize damaged ecosystems and promote environmental health.
- 9am-Noon, Muir Woods Maintenance: Help us prolong the life of the Muir Woods boardwalk by giving it a good "floss" to remove dirt and debris in this fun, family-friendly project.
- 10am-1pm, Presidio Nursery: Join this community of plant enthusiasts and learn about native plants as you help us grow our national park.
We're hosting volunteer opportunities all weekend long to celebrate! Check out additional opportunities below:
Age, Skills, What to wear & Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- All necessary tools, gloves, and training will be provided.
- Wear clothes that can get direty - long pants, closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops or sandals), layers for changing weather, and rain gear, if necessary.
- Bring sun protection, such as a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Bring a resuable water bottle and personal snacks.
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case
- Face coverings and social distancing are encouraged, but not required.
air quality alerts:
Poor air quality may result in program cancellations - staff will be in touch if the program is impacted. Generally:
- Above 100 (orange) - program may continue but sensitive groups should consider staying home.
- Above 150 (red) - all volunteer programs will be cancelled.
- Please visit AirNow for the latest air quality information.