The Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) is turning 50 years old on October 27, 2022! Help us celebrate the 50th anniversary by rolling up your sleeves and giving the parks some TLC! Join on your own, grab a friend, or bring some family. Check out the options below and register today.
Sunday, October 30th - Register here. Choose a project from the "Select a Date & Time" drop-down menu and complete the registration form. Registration is required.
- 9am-Noon, Fort Mason Maintenance: Help us keep the grounds of our historic park headquarters beautiful with a landscaping project at Fort Mason.
- 9:30am-2:30pm, Habitat Restoration Team: Help restore and protect Marin's natural areas and explore beautiful park sites while restoring sensitive resource and protecting endangered species.
We're hosting volunteer opportunities all weekend long to celebrate! Check out additional opportunities below:
Groups of five or more require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Please review the List of Available Projects and fill out the Group Project Request Form.
Age, Skills, What to wear & Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- All necessary tools, gloves, and training will be provided.
- Wear clothes that can get direty - long pants, closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops or sandals), layers for changing weather, and rain gear, if necessary.
- Bring sun protection, such as a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Bring a resuable water bottle and personal snacks.
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case
- Face coverings and social distancing are encouraged, but not required.
air quality alerts:
Poor air quality may result in program cancellations - staff will be in touch if the program is impacted. Generally:
- Above 100 (orange) - program may continue but sensitive groups should consider staying home.
- Above 150 (red) - all volunteer programs will be cancelled.
- Please visit AirNow for the latest air quality information.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.