When: Thursdays, 1 - 4pm; Registration Required
Where: National Park lands in San Francisco. Specific meeting location will be listed in the registration confirmation email.
San Francisco Habitat Stewards help restore and preserve the natural areas of Fort Funston, Lands End, and the Presidio of San Francisco. Habitat restoration is a proactive, hands-on way to revitalize damaged ecosystems and promote environmental health! Learn about the plants and animals found in our local creeks, dunes, grasslands, woodlands, and other natural landscapes. Activities often include weeding, planting, watering, debris clean-up, or spreading mulch.
Groups of five or more require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements