When: Saturdays, 10am-1pm
Where: Mori Point - Meet at the Mori Point gate, just behind the Moose Lodge on Mori Point Road.
With a belief that hands-on experience with nature inspires an ethic of stewardship and care, the San Mateo Park Stewardship team connects interested volunteers to restoration projects, and develops numerous long-term partnerships that actively engage youth and adult audiences in the care of the parklands.
We rely on the support of local community members, from drop-in volunteers to school groups, to help us in this effort to ensure that these local rare species and unique ecological communities will be here for generations to come.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event.
Check the Park Stewardship San Mateo volunteer page for program updates and the workday schedule.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.