National Public Lands Day and Coastal Clean-up Day 2023
Celebrate National Public Lands Day and Coastal Clean-up Day with the Golden Gate National Recreation Area!
Join us on September 23, 2023 as we celebrate two amazing volunteer events that happen to fall on the same day this year: National Public Lands Day and Coastal Clean-up Day! From beach clean-ups to habitat restoration, there is something for everyone. Bring yourself, your friends, and your family! Registration required.
When: Saturday, September 23, 2023; all events are 9am - noon.
Where: Project locations vary throughout the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA), see below for more details.
Coastal Clean-up Day Programs
Beach cleanups start at our own front doors. Trash can travel through storm drains, creeks, and rivers to become beach pollution. This September let's help clean our beaches by cleaning up in our own neighborhoods and local natural areas.
Join us for a beach clean-up at:
- Ocean Beach (San Francisco)–More Info and Register Here
- Baker Beach (San Francisco)-More Info and Register Here
- Stinson Beach (Marin)–More Info and Register Here
- Muir Beach (Marin)–More Info and Register Here
- Marin Headlands Rodeo Beach and Lagoon (Marin)–More Info and Register Here
- Marin Headlands Rodeo Beach South (Marin)–More Info and Register Here
- Kirby Cove (Marin)–More Info and Register Here
- Fort Baker (Marin)–More Info and Register Here
National Public Lands Day Programs
National Public Lands Day is special because it provides all lovers of the environment—old and new—an opportunity to show our appreciation for these unique places. Programs will celebrate the connection between people and green space in their community and inspire environmental stewardship.
Sutro Heights Landscaping and Maintenance (San Francisco)–Help preserve and enhance beautiful landscapes at Sutro Heights Park. Work will focus on vegetation management. More Info and Register Here
Presidio Habitat Stewards (San Francisco)–Restore and preserve the Presidio’s natural areas. More Info and Register Here
Crissy Field East Beach Maintenance (San Francisco) - Help preserve and maintain Crissy Field's East Beach. Project will focus mainly on sand removal from the vegetation beds and habitat restoration along on the beach. More Info and Register Here
- Stay home and DO NOT attend if you:
- Have any illness symptoms
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Suspect you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive case
- Face coverings and social distancing are encouraged, but not required.